Hello! I am Maggie Oaks. Currently, I am a senior at Florida State University studying Information, Communication and Technology. I have a wide variety of interests within the digital marketing and communications field, including advertising and content creation that I would love to explore.
I am excited to graduate this upcoming spring 2023 and start my career. Continue scrolling to learn more about me and my goals.
2020 - Present
Florida State University
Bachelor of Science in Information, Communication and Technology
With a degree working within both IT and Communications, I have taken multi-faceted courses, from Public Relations and Advertising to multiple coding courses and UX design. Currently, I am to graduate with my degree this Spring 2023.
Alpha Phi Fraternity
Alpha Phi International Fraternity is more than just a Greek organization—it’s a community of empowered women supporting one another for a lifetime. Our sisterhood stretches across the United States and Canada with 172 collegiate chapters and a global network of high-achieving alumnae.
National Society of Collegiate Scholars
The National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS) is an honors organization that recognizes and elevates high-achieving students. NSCS members are deeply committed to scholarship, leadership, and service, and as a result, they are impacting their campus and local communities every day.
Lambda Pi Eta
Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) is the National Communication Association’s official honor society at four-year colleges and universities. LPH has more than 500 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities nationwide. It is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS).
Beginner level in these coding languages with basic understanding and skill.
Certified in both Abode photoshop and Adobe Lightroom with 4+ years of certified experience. Beginner level skill in Adobe XD and Illustrator.
Retail Customer Service
By working as a sales floor stylist for multiple retail companies, such as Altar'd State and Francesca's Collections, I have extended experience in customer service and retail skills that translate into a variety of jobs outside of the retail field and help me connect with clients on a personal level.
Head Intern |
John Gandy Event Planning
October 2021 - Present
- Accurately pull inventory from the warehouse and pack decor in a precise and timely manner to ensure all pieces reach the event venue.
- Assist in managing the event timeline, ensuring planned activities run according to the client’s determined schedule.
Library Assistant |
FSU Florence Library
January 2021 - July 2021
- Manage social media accounts including Instagram and Twitter to inform students, faculty, and staff of upcoming events and important updates within the program library.
- Assist librarian in processing and archiving old and rare book donations averaging 100 books per shift
Sales Floor Stylist |
October 2020 - January 2021
- Greet and assist an average of 100 clients per shift in finding outfits, accessories or gifts to fit their occasion and promote the company brand in a positive manner.
- Accurately manage guest transactions, including product returns and exchanges.
Enthusiastic ICT student with a passion for all things digital seeking an entry-level Social Media Marketing position. Skilled in copywriting & basic graphic design. My interests and focus are in digital marketing and advertising.